Healthy, quick and delicious pasta salad with colorful grilled peppers, savory capers and fruity green olives
An amazing combination of Italian flavors
THANK YOU Colavita for all the delicious and amazing products!
Ingredients: serving 4
- 8 oz (225 gr) of organic mini peppers (about 6) red, orange and yellow
- 1/2 cup (about 12-15) of chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon of Colavita capers
- a couple of tablespoons of organic Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz (340 gr) of Colavita tricolor fusilli pasta
- 1 tablespoon of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1. Wash the peppers, cut in half and remove the seeds if any. Drizzle with Colavita olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
2. Place the peppers, skin side down, on a hot grilling pan (or grill), and cook until the skin blisters and burns a little. It should take about 3-4 minutes, but time can vary based on your grill.
3. Wrap the peppers in aluminum foil, and keep them close for 10 minutes or so. This will help remove the skin more easily, and soften the peppers.
5. Peel the peppers and cut in pieces.
6. In a large bowl combine the capers, chopped olives and peppers.
You can serve immediately or at room temperature.