Monday, June 15, 2015

Grilled Lobster Tail with White Wine Risotto

This Father's Day, turn your meal into a super special gourmet dinner with these
delectable and flavorful grilled lobster tails, served with a creamy and buttery white wine risotto
He deserves it!
Lobster tails from LobsterAnywhere.com - Thank you  so much Lobster Anywhere for the amazing products :)
With Father's Day less then a week away, I know you have been wondering how to impress your dad (or your husband) with something special. Here is the perfect recipe that will show him how much you love him.
Cooking lobster tails is fast and quite simple. There are several (all very easy) methods to cook lobsters: boiling, steaming, broiling or grilling. I chose grilling, because I think it brings out the delicate flavor of the seafood. And there's really nothing better than grilled lobster on a sunny summer day, with a fine glass of chilled white wine :)
No matter how you choose to cook your lobster, here is the secret not to ruin this scrumptious seafood: do NOT overcook it. You need to keep a close look at the cooking time, based on size of your lobster. You don't want to leave it on the grill or in boiling water for too long, because (just like steak) it will turn chewy and rubbery. A big no-no.
So, just in case you didn't hear me the first time: do NOT OVERCOOK your lobster!!! You can always cook it a little longer later if necessary... but you can't turn back time :)

Here is the cooking time suggestion that I followed, from LobsterAnywhere.com:
6-8 minutes for a 6-7 oz (170-200 gr) lobster tail
8-10 minutes for 8-10 oz (225-280 gr) lobster tail
10-12 minutes for 16-20 oz (450-560 gr) lobster tail

Lobster Anywhere is where I got my lobster tails. This company offers overnight delivery of live or frozen, top quality lobsters from Maine, among other delicious seafood and products.
Their service is amazing: I got an email confirmation of the delivery, and the food arrived when expected, in a perfect package. All the directions that I needed on how to better handle the seafood, was right on top of the box. And what's amazing, the seafood was perfectly frozen ...  much better than a drive home from my grocery store three miles away, in this California warm weather.
To defrost, I placed my lobster tails in a bowl in the refrigerator, overnight. Once thawed, the only thing that I needed to do, was rinse them under running water. So easy and oh-so delicious.
You should check  out www.LobsterAnywhere.com

And here is the video of my recipe:

Ingredients: serving 2


  • 2 extra large lobster tails (about 10 oz), fully defrosted
  • 4 tablespoons (55 gr) of butter
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • parsley
  • salt

For the risotto:

  • one onion, chopped
  • one tablespoon of olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons of butter (divided)
  • 1 cup (180 gr) of arborio rice
  • 1/2 cup (120 ml) of dry white wine

Preparation time: about 45  minutes
Directions:
1. Preheat the grill at medium-high temperature while you prepare the risotto.
In a saucepan, saute' the chopped onion with one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of olive oil. Cook over medium heat until the onion is softer and translucent. It should take about 4 to 5 minutes.

2. Add the rice into the pan, and mix. Cook for about one minute.  Add the white wine to the rice, and cook while stirring for a couple of minutes, until most of the alcohol has evaporated. Salt to taste (about one teaspoon of salt should work)

3. Add 1/2 cup at a time, and stirring every few minutes. Add more water (half cup at a time) when necessary. The risotto should be fully cooked in about 20 minutes. When the rice is cooked al dente, add the remaining tablespoon of butter, mix and cover the pan and remove from the stove. Wait a couple of minutes, or until the lobster tails are ready.


4. While the rice cook, prepare the lobster tails. Don't forget to stir and add water to the risotto!
In a small saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter with the garlic crushed or minced (for a more garlicky flavor). It should take about one minute over medium heat.


5. Wash the fully defrosted lobster tail under water. Using scissor, cut the lobster tail top shell, lengthwise, down the middle. Gently pry the meat off the shells, and lay it on top of it. Help yourself with a fork if necessary.

6. Brush the lobster meat with some of the garlic infused butter over the lobster meat and season with salt. Place the lobster tails meat side up on the grill. Cover and grill for about 8-10 minutes at about 400 degrees F. You don't need to open and do anything until the end of the 8 minutes.
Do not overcook or the lobster meat will become rubbery. The lobster is ready when the shell turns red, and the meat is opaque in color and firm to the touch. Brush with more melted butter.

7. Serve on a plate with the rice on the side. Sprinkle all with freshly chopped Italian parsley.

Enjoy :)




7 comments:

  1. I really dont understand why some people feel the need to be so argumentative.The next time I come to this blog I will be sure to make better points. Synagen IQ There couldnt be any more dulcet with a that goes with some impasse.What is great respecting is dealing with instead of depending on.Its true, whether you need to believe it or not.Whatever the event may be, its time for a bowl of ice cream.http://www.healthsupreviews.com/synagen-iq/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resources such as the one you mentioned right here will be incredibly useful to myself! I will publish a hyperlink to this web page on my individual blog. Neuro Elite Im certain my site website visitors will come across that fairly beneficial.Excellent blog post, I look forward to reading more.http://www.supplements4help.com/neuro-elite/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am running a blog but never got any valuable comment form my readers. Hope your tips will help me to get some good and encouraging comments from my visitors. Synagen IQ Thanks for sharing such beautiful tips.http://www.supplements4help.com/synagen-iq/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post and wonderful blog, I really like this type of interesting articles keep it you
    Cook at best weight watcher recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enthralling post. I Have Been pondering about this issue, so a commitment of thankfulness is all together to post. Totally cool post.It 's incredibly remarkably OK and Useful post.Thanks What's cooking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful content! The content is easy to understand and impressive. It really helped me find my questions for which I was looking for. As I started reading this article, the flow hasn’t stopped and I understood all the important aspects and enhanced my knowledge. I want to get connected to your articles so that I would be informed with simple and highly-knowledgeable contents...For Info...https://healurpain.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! large skillet

    ReplyDelete