Extremely soft, fluffy and simple to make
oven-baked frittata cups with zucchini and ricotta cheese
For this recipe I used my silicone muffin molds. As you know, I really love them. You don't need to spray or grease with anything. They are non-stick, easy to clean and very durable. A great investment! I use them not just for muffins, but many other recipes.
Also, think about it: making food in smaller size always helps control your waistline. As I said many times when readers or friends ask me what is my secret to stay in good shape while eating all the food that I cook: portion control ... and regular exercise of course!
Ingredients: to make 6 cups
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (150 gr) of ricotta cheese, better if fresh and whole milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of milk
- 1 large (or small) zucchini
- 6 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, with the ricotta cheese, milk, and salt.
2. Fill 6 muffin tins with the egg mixture. Grease with spray if you are not using a silicone baking pan.
3. Cut the zucchini paper thin, using a sharp knife, or a peeler. Place a few slices of zucchini in each cup, starting from the outer edge moving in.
4. Top each cup with one tablespoon of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
5.Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the egg are set in the middle. Carefully run a knife along the edges and remove the frittatas from the muffin cups and serve immediately.