A delicious combination of sweet butternut squash, creamy mascarpone cheese, crispy crumbled bacon, and sage infused butter sauce, makes this pasta worth a try!
It has sweet and nutty butternut squash, which is a great source of vitamin C, fibers, magnesium and potassium. It has all the calcium and proteins that you need, from the mascarpone and the parmesan cheese. And the carbs and fibers form the pasta.
And then, there is bacon. Sinfully crispy bacon.
You can always make this pasta without it. But, what can I say? Dinner should not only be wholesome and balanced, but also fun and tempting. And bacon is an amazing addition to the taste. The sweet and rich flavors of the squash and cheese is really only complete with the crunchy and smoky aroma of the bacon.
And note, this recipe is fast and quite easy. A bowl of this pasta will leave you full and happy, so make sure to add it to your list of one-dish dinner recipes.
Ingredients: serving 4
- 1 lb (450 gr) of butternut squash, cleaned, peeled and cubed
- 5-6 leaves of sage
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 4 oz (110 gr) of mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 slices of bacon, thick cut (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 12 oz (340 gr) of pasta, I used Barilla casarecce pasta
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Peel, clean and cut in cubes the butternut squash. As soon as the water boils, cook the squash for about 5 minutes.
3. Cook the pasta in the boiling water, using the same water you cooked the squash in. And cook the bacon in a separate pan until crispy. Cut the bacon in pieces.
Serve immediately with crumbled crispy bacon on top. Enjoy!