Super cute Halloween ghosts
Chocolate cake pops, covered with white chocolate icing.Raise.com, a popular marketplace where one can save by buying or selling gift cards, to present to my readers a delicious Halloween themed recipe. With Halloween around the corner, and my new pan waiting for me, I jumped at the opportunity! So here are these adorable little chocolaty cake ghosts, perfect for my (and your!) next Halloween party.
This was my first attempt at pops, and I have to say, the results were quite good: cute and soft chocolate cake covered in deliciously sweet, white chocolate icing. These pops are not too difficult to make, even though the decorating part was a bit labor intensive for me. But this is a great and fun project for a lazy weekend - the perfect activity to enjoy with your kids. They will love it!
One suggestion. If you plan to make pops for more than one occasion, I recommend investing in the right pop pan. It's not too expensive, non-stick, easy to use and clean, and makes perfectly round pops. You can buy it from Amazon, if you'd like. Here is the link for the pan I have. And remember to check out Raise.com for savings for your Halloween shopping spree. I looked, they even offer Amazon gift cards!
Ingredients: To make 12 pops
- 4 tablespoons (half stick) of unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1.5 cups of white chocolate chips
- black icing for decoration
- 12 pop sticks (mine were included with the pop pan)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the butter in pieces and melt in the microwave, at medium-low power, checking every 20 seconds or so.
2. In a large bowl, mix the egg with the sugar and the cocoa until well blended.
Let the pan cool for at least 5 minutes before opening and removing the pops.