Thursday, October 27, 2016

Halloween Recipe Ideas


Celebrate this Halloween with one (or ALL) of these fun and spooky treats 

Halloween is right around the corner. Are you ready to celebrate?!?
I always get as excited as my kids about this fun holiday. Maybe because of the spooky decorations all around the neighborhood, the carved out pumpkins, the crazy costumes and the abundance of candies... Yeah, it's probably the chocolate bars that do it for me :)

For some obscure reason (...what was I thinking?!?) this year I decided to make costumes for my two boys. I love the idea of creating something fun, showing off my rudimentary craft skills, and ending up with a unique costume that my kids are proud to wear.
These are the Minion costumes I made for them a few years ago:


Since then, I must have forgotten how labor-intensive the costumes were. So this year I worked myself crazy to make these
Cute, right?!? I even made a spiky little tail in the back...
And YES, another big and bright yellow costume. For sure, I won't lose my two Pikachu when trick-or-treating on Monday :)

Now, let's talk about Halloween treats. There's no better time to get creative with food than right now.
A couple of weeks ago I posted my screaming chocolate covered pretzels. Have you tried them yet?
Soooo good and so easy. I should make some more!
And here are some more ideas that you can make for, or with, your kids.

Spooky ghosts made with deliciously rich and fudgy brownies, topped with a big marshmallow covered in white chocolate ganache

Smiley rice krispies treats, perfectly gooey, crispy, nutty, chocolaty... and so much fun!


Chocolaty homemade spiderweb brownie cupcakes

Chocolate cake pops, covered with white chocolate icing

And if you are looking for a way to use up all of your chocolate bars in a delicious dessert, here are some cookie bars loaded with all (...or some) of your leftovers Halloween candies

Have a safe and delicious Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Every thing looks delicious and a work of art specially the spider web cake. Have you tried Pakistani Cooking Recipes I love all Pakistani Recipes and mostly the appetizers by zarnak sidhwa recipes

    ReplyDelete