Friday, November 28, 2014

Grilled Turkey and Gravy Sandwich

Best way to use Thanksgiving leftovers: scrumptious turkey and gravy sandwich. 
Melted and broiled to perfection. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Mine was really great. And all the cooking went perfectly. I was especially proud of my turkey. Flavorful, moist and crispy on the outside. And I was really surprised, given that it was my first Thanksgiving dinner. So yes, I pulled it off. And this was for sure one of many more to come.
And today, here is my lunch: an amazing sandwich with leftovers from yesterday.  This is inspired by a croque monsier sandwich. You know the amazing French grilled cheese and ham. Just with turkey (not ham), and gravy (not white sauce). With lots of cheese and mustard and broiled to perfection.
It tastes at least as good as it looks. Believe me! It was so hard to look at the bubbling cheese and gravy right out of the oven, not being able to take a bite. Not until I took all the pictures for this post! The good thing, I'm a quick photographer. I truly took at least 100 shots of this sandwich in less than 5 minutes. So by the time I was finished, it was still warm and delicious.
Follow my directions and transform a plain turkey sandwich into a delicious meal, that you will think about the next time you cook a turkey.

Ingredients: to make one sandwich

  • 2 slices of bread, I used freshly baked French loaf
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons of gravy
  • 2 tablespoons of Gruyere cheese
  • 2 slices of roasted turkey breast

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Directions:
1. Warm up two tablespoons of gravy in a small pan and preheat the broiler. Toast the slices of bread sprinkled with the olive oil, until slightly golden on both sides.
 2. Arrange the bread on parchment paper on a baking sheet or oven rack. Spread both slices with a thin layer of mustard.
 3. Drizzle one slice with one tablespoon of gravy, and sprinkle with one tablespoon of shredded Gruyere cheese.

 4, Top with the slices of turkey breast. Close the sandwich, and spread the remaining gravy and Gruyere cheese on top.

5. Place in the oven, and broil until golden and melted. Cut the sandwich in half and serve immediately.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment