Perfectly crispy, grilled bread slices topped with savory Colavita pesto sauce, cherry tomatoes and grilled zucchini.
All drizzled with garlic infused olive oil
THANK YOU Colavita for all the delicious and amazing products!The secret to an amazing bruschetta is in the ingredients. You really need high quality olive oil, flavorful tomatoes, and delicious bread with a crunchy crust and soft interior (like a French, Italian or Pugliese loaf). And the thick bread slices need to be brushed with garlicky olive oil, and grilled to perfection: just enough so that only the outer part is crunchy and golden.
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients: to make 4 bruschette
- 1 large zucchini
- 8 oz (225 gr) of organic heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons of Colavita pesto sauce
- 4 thick slices bread (French or Italian loaf)
- Colavita garlic infused olive oil
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
1. Cut the zucchini in slices (about 1/8-1/4 inch in thickness). Grill the zucchini on a griddle, grilling pan (or outdoor grill) drizzling with olive oil.
2. In a bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes cut in half, the grilled zucchini cut in pieces, a tablespoon of olive oil, and the basil leaves cut in pieces. Salt to taste.
3. Drizzle the slices of bread with the Colavita garlic infused olive oil, if you have it. Or you can use regular extra virgin olive oil and brush the slices with a garlic clove (cut in half).
Grill both sides of the bread, as shown in the picture. Make sure the bread stays soft on the inside, and slightly crunchy only on the outside.
4. Right before serving, spread a teaspoon of pesto sauce on each slice of toasted bread, and top with the tomatoes and zucchini. If possible, serve immediately when the bread is still warm!