This recipe is just what you have been looking for!
Welcome to my soft, crumbly, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cookies bursting with crunchy caramelized pecans. No need to look any further :)
These cookies are perfect for any occasion. Delicious enough to serve with other traditional desserts at your Thanksgiving table. Fancy enough for your holiday office party. And easy enough to bake any day, and eat at any time. You can never go wrong with cookies, especially when they taste this good.
And did I mention how easy is to bake these? All you need are 5 very basic ingredients, which I'm sure you already have in your kitchen right now. Plus pecans, of course!!
What makes these cookies special are the nuts. Who wants just plain pecans in a cookie, when you can have crispy, golden brown, sugar-coated pecans?! Really, WHO does?!? ... I can't hear you!!! :)
So, listen to this. Use half of the sugar for the dough, and the other half to caramelize the pecans. It's all really simple: melt the sugar in a non-stick pan. It only takes a couple of minutes. As soon as the sugar turns golden brown, add the pecan pieces, and mix quickly. Let everything cool down on aluminum foil (or parchment paper), crush in smaller pieces and fold in the dough. Easy, right?
Make sure to check out my video recipe too:
Ingredients: to make about 15 - each 1 tablespoon in size
- 1/2 cup (100 gr) of sugar - divided
- 3/4 cup (75 gr) cup of pecan pieces
- 4 oz (115 gr) of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150 gr) of all-purpose flour
1. Remove the butter from the refrigerator and let it soften at room temperature ahead of time, and start preparing the caramelized pecans: Melt 1/4 cup (50 gr) of sugar over medium low heat in a non-stick pan for about 2- 3 minutes. The sugar will melt and turn golden brown.
10. Bake at 350° F (175° C) for about 15-18 minutes until slightly golden.