Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sgroppino Al Limone - Italian Cocktail

Stay cool this summer with this irresistibly smooth Italian cocktail
A refreshing and oh-so easy to make blend of lemon sorbet, chilled vodka and bubbly Prosecco
A must try!

I'm so happy to share this recipe with you today. Not only because I know you will loooove this refreshing cocktail. But mostly because sgroppino is not your common drink that you find in any bar or restaurant around here. This creamy, lemony and boozy drink originates in Venezia - Italy, where (as you probably know by now) I was born and raised.
The name "sgroppino" in Venetian dialect means a little something that "unties". In this case, your stomach after a nice, big meal. A palate cleanser, if you like. It's a digestif, alcoholic drink-slash-dessert, generally served after dinner, and not just in summer, but any day of the year... and why not?!? You will see - it's soooo delicious :)


So, if you are looking to entertain this summer, or just have a drink by yourself (... I won't be judging!!) you will want to try this cocktail.  Check this out: only three ingredients, and only a few minutes of your time. All you have to do is blend together some lemon sorbet with cold vodka and Prosecco wine. Yummy, right?!? Serve it right away in chilled flutes and enjoy it!!
For each glass, I used one scoop of lemon sorbet, one tablespoon of vodka and about 2 and a half tablespoons of Prosecco. You can change this up and substitute some of the Prosecco with vodka for a stronger drink.... Or vice-versa. Just make sure to keep the proportion of alcohol to sorbet about the same as in this recipe. This combination gives just the right consistency. Dense and soft. Thick, but not too thick. Almost like the texture of a milkshake or a smoothie.
Check out the video here and you will see exactly what the ideal result should be!!

Ingredients: serving 2            PRINTABLE RECIPE
  • 2 big scoops of lemon sorbet (about 6 fl oz = 180 ml)
  • 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of vodka (chilled)
  • 1/3 cup (80 ml) of Prosecco (Italian sparkling dry white wine - chilled)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Directions:

1. Chill the flutes, by placing in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, or freezer for an hour or more.
2. In a tall container, add two scoops of lemon sorbet.

 3.Pour in the vodka and the Prosecco. Quickly mix all the ingredients together using a blender, until incorporated and smooth.

The mixture should be dense and soft. Pour the mixture into the flutes and serve immediately.... don't let it melt :)








9 comments:

  1. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and http://www.supplements4help.com/v-stamina/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good stuff, this helped me in my project. PS. Can you suggest me some stuff on Government Student Loan ? Im still a newbie with thisHowdy, i read your weblog occasionally and that i personal an identical one and i was just wondering should you get numerous spam feedback? Cerebria If so how do you forestall it, any plugin or something you possibly can advise? I get a lot currently its driving me mad so any help may be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there arent a lot good supply like this.http://www.supplements4help.com/cerebria/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took me time to understand all of the comments, but I seriously enjoyed the write-up. It proved being really helpful to me and Im positive to all of the Good post, adding Synagen IQ it to my blog now, thanks. >am sure. to everyone posting comments! It's not often that you can be informed, and also entertained at the same time. I am certain you also got something out of writing this article.http://www.healthsupreviews.com/synagen-iq/


    ReplyDelete
  4. You just say so many things that arrive from nowhere that Im pretty sure Id have a fair shot. Your weblog is wonderful visually, I mean people wont be bored. Neuro Elite But others who can see past the videos and the layout wont be so impressed together with your generic understanding of this subject.http://www.supplements4help.com/neuro-elite/



    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate you for posting such a wonderful website. Your weblog was not only informative but also very inventive too. We find very few bloggers who can create technical articles that creatively. Synagen IQ I keep looking for information regarding something like this. We ourselves have gone through many websites to build up on information regarding this.I will keep coming back !! http://www.supplements4help.com/synagen-iq/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Email me if you get the chance and share your wisdom. Id be thankful!Impressive web site, Distinguished feedback that I can tackle. Im moving forward and may apply to my current job as a pet sitter, which is very enjoyable, but I need to additional expand. Regardswhats Prolongz up I appreciated, your main,weblogI came to your site last week and I have been checking it out on a regular basis. You have a lots of good informative stuff on the site and i also love the particular style of your website as well. Keep up the good work!This is incredible! Where do you discover this stuff?http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/prolongz/

    ReplyDelete
  7. like the one you mentioned Alpha XTRM here might be very useful to me! I will submit a link to this web page on my blog. I am positive my visitors will discover that very useful.Can you message me with a few tips on how you made your blog site look this awesome, Id appreciate it.http://www.nutritionguideweb.com/alpha-xtrm/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice article on "Sgroppino Al Limone". I thinks you should also try posting & promoting your wonderful contents. We
    http://shirasmane.com
    can help promote your contents on Tumblr, Facebook, twitter etc. Feel free to contact me.

    ReplyDelete