Crunchy, gooey, chocolaty, and nutty rice krispies treats with peanut butter and chunks of Snickers bars
Anytime is a great time for a rice krispies treat if it's this delicious!
As you know, all kids like rice krispies treats. And when you add a little something special, like creamy peanut butter, and yummy chocolate bars, then everyone will love them too. I promise!
This recipe takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish. And the only baking required is a couple of minutes in the microwave. That's all! Just perfect for hot summer days.
What's better, making rice krispies is so easy that your kids might want to help out, or prepare these themselves. Anybody can do it, really!
Here are a few words of advise: use an extra large bowl (as you see in my pictures), to avoid cleaning up gooey and sticky stuff off the bottom of your microwave. If you have never seen what happens to marshmallows in the microwave ... they grow and grow, just for a few seconds. But that's enough to mess up your oven.
Also, measure and prepare all the ingredients before you start with the recipe. You need to quickly mix all the ingredients and shape the mixture into the muffin tins, when the marshmallow mixture is still warm. Once it cools off, it will harden and turn into an unmanageable large sweet lump :)
Check out my video too:
Ingredients: to make 24 round bars
- 1 bag ( 10 oz, 280 gr) of mini marshmallows
- 2 oz (65 gr) of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (150 gr) of peanut butter
- 6 cups (180 gr) of rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup (about 120 gr) of chopped Snickers bar (or 3Musketeers or similar)*
Preparation time: 15 minutes
1. Cut the Snickers bars in pieces and measure all the other ingredients, so that everything is ready.
In a large bowl, add the marshmallows, butter and peanut butter. Make sure the bowl is much larger that the content because the marshmallows will inflate in the microwave.
2. Microwave for one minute on high. Mix with a spoon, and microwave for an additional minute.
3. Quickly mix in the rice krispies cereal and the chocolate bars
4. Spoon the mixture into 24 regular size muffin cups. I used silicone cups. If you are using regular cups, please grease with butter or spray.
5. Press down the mixture in the cups with the back of a spoon (or your fingers!) to pack the rice krispies.
Let them cool down for a couple of minutes, remove from the mold and ...