Homemade, chewy and moist brownies
topped with a rich and delicate cheesecake layer swirled with chocolate fudge.
Dangerous, I'm tellin ya!
Let's start the week off with something amazingly sweet and extremely enticing.
Here is the recipe for an intensely fudgy and chewy brownie, completely covered with a layer of deliciously rich cheesecake. And wait! That's not all... I added a melted hot fudge topping swirled around in the cheesecake layer that's gonna knock you right off your seat!
Are you running to your kitchen and getting ready to bake these?! Well, you really should. This recipe is quite easy and simple. Start by mixing all the ingredients for the brownies. And that's really not much harder than combining a brownie mix from a box. The difference? Homemade tastes sooo much better. Super moist and extra fudgy.
Blend the cheesecake ingredients, top with the chocolate fudge and swirl. You want to bake this in the middle/upper part of the oven, so that the brownie layer stays moist and the cheesecake part fully cooks.
At this point, your self-control will be tested. You've got to wait for these cheesecake brownies to cool a bit, and then chill in the refrigerator for about one hour, or until cold all the way to the middle. Then, and ONLY then, you can neatly cut them in squares, close your eyes and devour your first one :)
Are you feeling that your pants are getting snug just by looking at these pictures?!? When the mood strikes you for something indulgently chocolaty and sweet, and you feel like breaking the rules... THIS is how you do it!
Dangerous! I'm tellin ya ;)
Ingredients: to make a 13 x 9 inches (33x23 cm) pan, to be cut in about 20
For the brownie layer:
- 6 oz (170 gr) of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (70 gr) of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (200 gr) of sugar
- 1 cup (150 gr) of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the cream cheese layer:
- 16 oz (450 gr) of regular cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (100 gr) of sugar
- 2 tablespoons (25 gr) of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- chocolate sauce (I used Smucker's Hot Fudge topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C)
Melt the butter (in medium saucepan over boiling water, or in microwave for about 30 seconds)
2. In a large bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and melted butter. Stir until combined.
4. Grease a 9 x 13 inch (33x23 cm pan) with butter and flour. Pour the brownie mixture and level. And set aside.
5. In another bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar,, flour, vanilla extract and two eggs. Blend until smooth and creamy.
6. Spread over the brownie mixture, and drizzle with chocolate sauce (as much or as little as you wish) and swirl gently with a knife.
7. Bake at 350° F (175° C) for about 30 minutes in the middle part of the oven. I used the third slot (of seven) from the top in the oven. You need to make sure the top is set before removing, and you don't want the bottom brownie part to cook too much and come out too dry.
8. Let the cheesecake brownies cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, and then chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Cut into squares and enjoy :)