Spaghetti drizzled with hot and garlic-infused olive oil.
A classic Italian dish, so simple and yet so delicious.
The classic Italian spaghetti aglio, olio and peperoncino (garlic, oil and hot peppers) is the quickest and easiest pasta you can possibly prepare.
And it's one of my family's favorite. It's a great recipe for all those occasions when time is of essence: the kids are starving and begging for food. Or also when the fridge is mostly empty, and there is no time for a run to the grocery store.This pasta takes no more than 15 minutes from start to finish. And it's made with very simple and basic ingredients which I always have available in my kitchen.
To make this recipe a success you need a good quality extra virgin olive oil, fresh parsley (better if the flat, Italian type) and hot peperoncini, which are those tiny, dry, and extremely spicy red peppers. The fruity flavor of the olive oil is complemented by the spicy and nutty taste of garlic and peperoncino. And the chopped parsley, sprinkled over the pasta at the end, balances all the flavors and adds freshness to this typical Italian dish. As I said: so simple, yet so delicious!
Ingredients: serving 4 people
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 peperoncini (dry hot peppers)
- a small bunch of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz of spaghetti pasta (thin or angel hair)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When it boils, cook the spaghetti following the time direction on the box. Make sure to cook the pasta al dente, so my suggestion is to set the timer for one minute less than indicated on the box. Taste the pasta before draining.
2. Saute' the garlic cut in slices with the peperoncino broken in pieces for a couple of minutes in the olive oil. Turn off the heat once the garlic is slightly golden.
3. Drain the spaghetti. Drizzle with the olive oil infused with the garlic. You can remove the garlic and peperoncino if you prefer, or leave it with the pasta, for a bolder flavor. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.