Easy-to-follow recipe for a deliciously healthy orecchiette pasta with broccoli and olives
For dinner tonight, I prepared this super easy and fast pasta. As you will see in the step-by-step recipe, it doesn't take much to pull this dish together. And it won't take you more than 25 minutes from start to finish to have hot, spicy, healthy and delicious pasta right in front of you. Enjoy!
- 8 oz of organic broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 hot dried peperoncini (chili peppers)
- 1 teaspoon of anchovy paste (or 3 anchovies)
- 1 teaspoon of capers
- about 16 olives (I used kalamata)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz of orecchiette pasta, I used DeCecco
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When the water boils, add the broccoli florets. Let simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
2. In a large pan, saute' the garlic cloves crushed, capers, peperoncini and anchovy paste with the olive oil.
4. Mash the broccoli with a fork. Add the olive cut in pieces.