This Italian recipe is perfect for the fall:
organic zucchini halves, carved out and stuffed with a delicious mixture of ground beef, Parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic - of course!All the organic zucchini I found at the farmers' market this morning inspired me to prepare this dish: baked, carved-out zucchini halves filled with a savory ground beef stuffing. Very tasty and definitely one of my favorite. Great for the kids too! If you have a picky veggie eater, this is a perfect way to "hide" the zucchini.
I like to prepare this as a main dish for my family. I served it with some homemade, super soft and savory rosemary focaccia bread. Yummy!! Or it could also be an impressive side dish for your next fancy dinner party!
Note, you can be prepared it head of time, and warm it in the oven at the last minute. Left overs are always welcomed! Here is the recipe.
Ingredients: serving 4
- 4 large organic zucchini
- 2 eggs
- half pound (225 gr) of lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup, plus one tablespoon of plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Italian Parsley chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 º F (175º C). Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the inside flesh of the zucchini, trying not to break the "shell". I used a small pointy knife. And if you like, you can help yourself with a spoon.
4. Sprinkle with one tablespoon of breadcrumbs, one of Parmesan cheese and drizzle with the olive oil. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Uncover and finish baking for 15 more minutes or so.