You will be surprised by how easy, quick and delicious is this pasta with peas, peppers and pancetta!
Let's start the week with a super easy, extremely fast, really delicious, one-dish meal recipe, to make your Monday dinner a breeze.
I call this pasta "the Four Ps ", because of its four simple ingredients: piselli (peas), pancetta (or bacon), peperoni (peppers) and pomodori ... well, that's tomatoes. I guess the name doesn't quite work in English :-(
To prepare this sauce all you need is to place the ingredients in a pan and let them cook for 20 minutes or so. Yes, it's that easy. Check out the recipe!
Ingredients: Printable Recipe
- 1 cup of green peas
- half red pepper, cut in small cubes
- 2 slices of pancetta or bacon, cut in small cubes
- 12 oz of crushed tomatoes (I used organic canned tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- salt to taste
- 12 oz of penne pasta, or other short pasta
Step 1: Place all the ingredients for the sauce (olive oil, peas, pancetta, peppers, tomatoes and salt to taste) in a medium pan, over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes. As soon as it start boiling, cover the pan and simmer for about 20 minutes over medium flame. Stir occasionally. Check the sauce and uncover the pan for the last 5 minutes if you need to make it a little denser.
And voila'! Dinner is ready!