Friday, March 14, 2014

Bocconcini di Caprese (Caprese bites)

Today I would like to offer you a very simple, quick and healthy recipe for an appetizer.
You can prepare it for a picnic, a family meal or an elegant dinner.
Rest assure, it will impress your audience for it's colorfulness, elegance and savoriness.


Here is what you will need:
Ingredients

8 Small tomatoes on the vine
8 Ciliegine size mozzarella
Fresh basil
Oregano
Olive Oil
Salt

I bought all of these at my local Trader Joe's.
It's very important to buy the correct size tomatoes and mozzarella!


With a pointy knife cut the upper part of the tomatoes, remove all the seeds and juice.
Sprinkle with salt.
Place one basil leaf inside, with the tip sticking out.
Insert the small mozzarella.
Finish your dish with olive oil and oregano.







And voila', you are all done!

Bocconcini di Caprese
I made these bocconcini di caprese for my preschooler's potluck lunch at school.
All the children were thrilled to try them, and most of them even ate the tomatoes!

Prepare them for a special dinner and let me know some of your guests' comments.

Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment